Easiest Way to Prepare Appetizing Pound Cake with 751x532 Resolution
Pound Cake. A rich, dense, buttery pound cake, with hints of citrus, gets a flavor and texture boost from the addition of ricotta cheese. Pairing the cake with a bright, fresh, lemon-lime icing makes for a wonderful, and beautiful, dessert. Pound cake doesn't have to be complicated.
Allow to cool completely before serving. Pound Cake Recipes Our pound cake recipes include classic, flavored, gluten-free versions, wedding cake ideas, recipes with add-ins, and we even have lots of sweet and savory pound cake dipping sauce recipes. This delicious red velvet pound cake is the perfect combination of flavors. You can cook Pound Cake using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pound Cake
- You need 1 lb of butter (softened).
- You need 2 1/4 cups of sugar (split).
- Prepare 8 of eggs (split whites and yolks).
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 1/3 cup of bourbon/whiskey.
- You need 3 cups of flour.
- You need of Your choice of frosting.
Make sure the cake has cooled before icing it, and for extra crunch sprinkle some roasted pecans on top. —Robin Smith, Old Fort, North Carolina This Key lime pound cake was inspired from a basic pound cake recipe that. Put in greased and floured "pound cake pan," you know, the one with the funnel in the middle. Put in cold oven, middle rack. Traditionally, pound cake is called that because the recipe takes a pound each of flour, butter, eggs, and sugar.
Pound Cake step by step
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and 2 cups sugar until it’s a light yellow color. Gradually add in egg yolks. Mix in Bourbon, almond extract and vanilla to the mixture. Slowly add in flour..
- In a separate bowl add egg whites and remaining sugar. Beat until stiff peaks. Fold in into batter..
- Pour into a greased angel food cake pan. Cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool and frost..
This recipe hasn't strayed far from the classic, I've just added vanilla and a pinch of salt. Most pound cakes are baked in a loaf pan or a pound cake pan (a bundt cake mold) and are served with powdered sugar or a glaze. In a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating. Add soft drink, then mix together until combined.
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.